You may have realized that we here at Untrained Housewife love all things Mason Jars… ahem… 25 Ways to Use a Mason Jar… But what do you do with the extra canning jar lids? I will tell you exactly what you can do with them.
1. Make Seed Labels with old canning jar lids from Angela at Untrained Housewife.
2. Compliment your green thumb with these Upcycled Canning Lid Plant Markers from Homespun Seasonal Living.
3. If you are sharing the gift of preserved food – use this Upcycled Jar Lid craft to make a gift tag. Instructions found at Green Phone Booth.
4. These canning jar teal light Christmas ornaments are adorable – and they use LED tea lights so you don’t have to worry about hanging them on the tree. Visit I Love Junk for details.
5. These mini Christmas wreaths with rosemary are precious- and I love how she uses them as place settings as well. Check out Me & My Insanity for instructions.
6. Gobble, gobble get the kids together to make these Thanksgiving turkey crafts from Sherri Osborn.
7. I just found your fall table centerpiece over at Yellow Bliss Road – I have also seen a version where the lids are painted orange – up to you or make more than one!
8. I started making these for my Christmas gift tags a couple of years ago using leftover wrapping paper and old christmas cards – and of course, canning jar lids.
9. Just might the cutest little candle plates in the world – and endless color possibilities. Visit the Crafty Swedes for instructions (Scroll down for English or use the Bing Translator).
10. Absolutely lovely mason jar lid garland from Ginger Snap Crafts– this one says “Be Mine” but you could customize for any holiday or occasion.
11. Gold Medals from mason jar lids! Hello field day awards, hello sports-themed birthday party – no more wasting money at the party store! Visit Bower Power for the pics.
13. I love a fun magnet and these are very cute – and easily customized. She used frozen juice can lids, but this is a perfect craft for old mason jar lids. Visit Grow Creative for instructions.
14. A DIY Matching game for toddlers with old lids. Adorable and entertaining. Check out the pictures on Patch of Dirt Farm.
15. This Patriotic mobile craft is very festive and even better – you could make one for every holiday! Visit Crafts for All Seasons for full instructions.
16. Chalkboard paint garden markers (these would also make great table numbers for a wedding.) Visit Raising Dick and Jane for tutorial.
17. Punched Tin Ornaments from recycled canning jar lids perfect for the holidays, from Frugal Upstate.
18. Sherri Osborn has combined 3 of my favorite craft supplies: paint sticks, clothespins and mason jar lids – in these Sunflower Pinwheels. Well done!
19. A Jar lid Pincushion, great gift for any sewing enthusiast (or make one for yourself!) Visit The Graphics Fairy for more details.
20. Teeny Tiny wreaths! So precious and so perfect for the kids to help with! View the tutorial at Sew Woodsy.
21. I am a big fan of homemade games for kids – they tend to take much better care of a game they helped to make. Your little ones will love this Very Hungry Caterpillar game from Mama Bee from the Hive.
22. Fairy princess wand from paint stick and mason jar lids! Another win from Sherri Osborn – view the tutorial here.
23. Why is mini food so much cuter? Not sure, but these Mini Apple Pies are super cute. Visit Juli Jacklin’s Cupcakes for directions.
24. Mini Pumpkin Pies in Jar Lids, an alternative to the traditional large pumpkin pie and this way everyone gets more crust! Visit Mason Jar Crafts Love for the recipe and instructions.
25. The rustic feel of these canning jar lid ornaments and garland is fabulous – and as you’ll see, easy to customize. Visit Funky Junk Interiors for instructions.
BONUS: Boo! It’s a Halloween Wreath from Made from Pinterest, and it’s fabulous – washi tape and mason jar lids – what’s not to love!
The possibilities are endless when it comes to Mason Jars and their lids – what’s your favorite project you’ve made from a canning jar lid?