This fall, I had a bunch of apples to use up, which is why I’ve got several apple recipes for you guys. This one is especially yummy, from this Epicurious submission. They call it a bread, but it’s too delicious for that. It’s definitely a yummy, cinnamony, appley cake. Don’t let that keep you from having a slice warm with butter and coffee in the morning, though.
Apple Cinnamon White Cake Ingredients
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 apple, peeled and chopped
Directions for Apple Cinnamon Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
3. Cream white sugar and butter, beat in one egg at a time, then add the vanilla.
4. Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl, then stir into the creamed butter mixture. Mix the milk into the batter until smooth.
5. Now, pour half the batter into the loaf pan, then add half the apples and half the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Pat the apples down lightly so they are in the batter.
6. Pour the remaining batter over the top of the apple layer, then add the remaining apples as well as the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Again, pat the apples down into the batter. Swirl the cinnamon and brown sugar around with a spoon (or your finger!).
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, which should be about 30 to 40 minutes.