If you’ve read my book, Backyard Farming on an Acre More or Less, you’ll know that I have a thing for bees. I find beekeeping to be an interesting passion and the liquid gold that is produced is perfect for making your own lip balm. It’s a great project to do with the older kids and keeps the winter chap away.
DIY Burt’s Bee’s Peppermint Lip Balm
- 2 heaping TBSP. Beeswax
- 2 TBSP. Coconut Oil
- 1 TBSP. Almond or Sunflower Seed Oil
- 15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E Oil
1. Start a water bath by filling a small pot 1/2 way full with water.
2. Place a glass-measuring cup with a spout in the water.
3. Turn the stove-top to medium.
4. Add beeswax, coconut oil and almond oil and heat until beeswax is completely melted.
5. Remove from heat and add peppermint essential oil and vitamin E oil.
6. Pour into lip balm tubes quickly before it starts to cool and harden
7. Allow to cool completely in tubes