Around the holidays, you might start seeing green maraschino cherries. These are a fun treat that make old recipes look new and interesting. Here’s how I make cherry muffins when they come out. Of course I have my handy mixer, and don’t forget to watch my video later on.
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1 beaten egg
¾ cup milk
1/3 cup cooking oil
About 13 or so cherries cup into quarter pieces
1) Stir together in a large bowl the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt .
2) Mix egg, milk, green cherries and the oil in second bowl.
3) Once you have the wet ingredients mixed you’re going to add it to the dry ingredient in the other bowl all at once.
4) You are only going to mix this together until it gets moistened. This batter should be lumpy so do not worry about it.
5) You are not going too spoon the batter into either paper cups or in the muffin pan that has been greased. Only put 2/3 in each cup as they will rise.
6) Now it is time for the oven. You are going to bake these at 400 for 20-25 minutes
7) Decorate as you like
Enjoy, and do not forget to subscribe to my channel on YouTube!