Gameday, Thanksgiving day, blustery days – everything about Fall begs for Twice Baked Potatoes. Here’s how I make mine.
Twice Baked Potato Ingredients
4-10 russet potatoes, depending on how many people you are feeding.
5 green onions
1 regular onion
½ lb bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
1 cup of shredded cheese
5 pieces of dehydrated red peppers
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, crushed red peppers
¼ cup oil or olive oil to rub onto outside of potatoes
How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes
1. Wash the potatoes and cut off any spots that you would not eat.
2. Dry off the potatoes with a piece of paper towel, or air dry if you have time.
3. Rub oil or olive oil on the skin of the potatoes.
4. Poke holes in the potatoes so they do not explode when you cook them.
5. Bake in oven on 400 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
6. In a bowl hollow out the potatoes and mash the insides. Mix in the rest of the ingredients except the cheese and add in spices to taste. Once mixed add in the cheese and mix again.
7. Spoon it back into the potato skins, top with cheese, put back in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until golden.