Ignore the ingredients that go into this; it’s an amazing treat that tastes like the real thing. It packs a whollop of nutrition, protein, good fats, and vitamins. This is something you can feel good about giving the kids or indulging in yourself.
- 2 scoops Garden of Live Raw Vegan Sprouted Protein*
- ¼ cup Nutiva Hemp Seeds, ground
- ¼ cup raw unsalted cashew butter (raw almond butter makes a good substitute)
- ¼ cup Nutiva extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼-teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freeze-dried raw cane juice
- 4 to 6 tablespoons filtered water
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder or carob
- Mix the protein powder, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and cane juice together until well incorporated.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or in a hot pan of water until liquefied, and then add it to the dry ingredients.
- Add the cashew butter and mix the ingredients until the oil and cashew butter is absorbed.
- Add the water and mix until no powder is left and then until the batter becomes a thick paste. Continue mixing until a crumbly mixture is formed that shapes into balls well.
- Eat as is or form into balls or shapes. Optionally, roll the balls into carob powder and serve as chocolate cookie dough truffles.
- Feel free to add additional ingredients, such as chopped nuts, carob or chocolate drops or nibs, carob, or chocolate powder (a little more water may be needed.)
* Feel free to substitute homemade raw nut flours.