This shouldn’t be necessary to talk about, but it is. Many may argue that water alone does all the things the other ingredients do. While it may help, if you have ever just hydrated alongside a junk-food diet, you will see that it doesn’t work that way. Water helps the body flush stuff out, but you have to pair it with goodness, too. A good herbal tea can be a real work crew. Here are ten benefits to drinking more water. When you finish with the 32 ounces of a tea, like the turmeric tummy cleanse, simply refill the glass a second time with cool water and continue drinking with what is left in the bottom of the glass.
10 Benefits of Drinking Water
1. Weight Loss – Helps the kidneys flush out metabolic wastes. It’s the best appetite suppressant, too.
2. Younger, Clearer Skin – It helps the body flush out the wastes and stay hydrated for radiant and youthful skin.
3. Reduces Headaches – Dehydration is the most common cause of headaches and migraines.
4. Increased Energy – When fully hydrated, your brain and metabolism work better. Dehydration causes, at minimum, a 10% loss of metabolism.
5. Reduced Muscle Pain – Exercise with less pain and shorter recovery time. Lactic acid buildup during exercise is fully flushed away by staying hydrated.
6. Digestion Aid – Dehydration is the number one cause of constipation and, surprisingly, diarrhea. Water helps hydrate fiber in the food to make it easier to pass food through your digestive system.
7. Joint Lubrication – Staying hydrated means fewer injuries as fully hydrated joints and ligaments are less likely to tear or sprain.
8. PMS Reducer – Staying hydrate during menstrual cycles helps flush away the hormones which cause cramps and irritability.
9. Improved Immunity – Dehydration causes immune system suppression. Staying fully hydrated helps the body fight off colds and flu better.
10. Depression Buster – Second only to sunlight, staying hydrates fights depression, seasonal affective disorder, burnout, and bad moods!
What helps you remember to stay hydrated?