Choose the Right Destination
Start your holiday with baby right by picking a destination that both your little one and you will enjoy. Family resorts, camps, bed-and-breakfasts, nature camps, beaches are all safe and fun destinations for babies and parents, alike.
Make Traveling with Baby Easy with Snacks and Drinks
A well-fed baby is a happy child. So, make sure that you carry enough snacks and drinks to keep your little one’s tummy full. If baby has not yet been weaned, you’ll want to make sure that you’re wearing something comfortable so that you can breastfeed easily either on the plane or in a car.
Be Well Prepared for a Happy Journey
Carry a well-stocked diaper bag to make changes, feeds and entertaining baby super-easy. Make sure you have enough changes of clothes, cloth nappies or disposable diapers, the requisite snacks and drinks as well as items to keep baby entertained. (See ideas below)
Stay Safe and Stress-Free When Traveling with Infants
Safety should be of prime importance when travelling with babies. Carry a basic childproofing kit to make your hotel room safe for baby to explore. For car travel, ensure that the car seat is secured properly and use window shades to keep baby from getting sunburnt. Another must-do safety travel tip is to attach a small ID card with baby’s name and your contact information especially if you’ll be moving in crowded areas. This is a must for babies who’ve started walking or crawling.
Travel Tips to Make the Journey Fun and Interesting for Babies
Here are some simple and easy ways to keep little ones entertained during long journeys:
- Play finger games. Itsy-bitsy Spider and This Little Piggie are classics.
- Sing nursery rhymes or play a favorite CD, if travelling by car.
- Board books can also keep babies engrossed and entertained on long journeys. I’ve found that picture albums too do the trick.
- Carry along comfort objects, such as a favourite stuffed toy or a blankie to help baby sleep easily and peacefully.
- If on a road trip, take frequent rest stops so that your baby can get out of the car seat, crawl or just relax and stretch a bit.
Travel with baby does not have to be exhausting and stressful. Being prepared and flexible will ensure that all of you have a happy time during the travel and at your destination as well.
Photo Credit: ryaninc