Green and red Maraschino cherries make this a perfect Christmas treat. Bring it to the holiday party or have it out on Christmas day. It’s a classic and oh so yummy. Don’t forget to check my video after the post, and let me know how yours turns out!
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
9 pineapple rings or more depending on design
9 Maraschino cherries
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk (I used homogenized milk)
1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Topping Directions
1) Mix melted butter and brown sugar in a small bowl and spread in bottom of ungreased 9″ pan.
2) Place pineapple rings on top of sugar mixture and a cherry in the center of each ring. Set aside.
1) Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
2) Add milk and mix until combined.
3) Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
4) Spread batter evenly over pineapple.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
To check to see if your cake is done, you’re going to stick a toothpick in the center, and when it comes out clean, your cake is done. Let it cool off for at least 10 minutes, then flip the cake upside down on a plate, The pineapple will now be right side up! Enjoy and subscribe!