Christmas Hallway Lighting
Lighting is a key factor in any kind of home decor, but it can be an especially powerful tool for Christmas:
• If you have a staircase, try winding fairy lights around the banister or use them to frame the door or any pictures you have hanging in the hallway
• Consider using some festive, scented candles but make sure they’re safe, especially if you have kids or pets. Placing tee lights in lanterns is a good, safe way of utilising beautiful Christmas candle light
• Lamps create a warm welcoming feel when guests come in from the cold night and are ideal for hallways
Christmas Plants for your Hallway
Some seasonal plants can make a real difference to your hallway. Check out these ideas:
• Hang a pretty wreath on the outside of your door to welcome visitors
• Use Christmas plants, holly and fern for example, and bunches of flowers with berries
• Use cuttings from your Christmas tree in the hallway, add them to flower arrangements or incorporate them into other decorations.
What is your tradition – do you decorate early in the month or wait until just before Christmas?
Back to page 1.