Ginger hails us from India and Ayurveda medicine. Its benefits are numerous, and its ability to improve digestion and reduce vertigo and queasiness are undisputed. Ginger has been in the United States and major outlying islands since European settlers brought it to their plantations a couple hundred years ago.
Benefits of Ginger
1. Fires up digestion and improved the digestibility of food.
2. Improves assimilation of essential nutrients in our food.
3. Cleanses micro-circulatory vessels in the body, especially in the sinuses and middle ear.
4. Aides in reducing vertigo and morning sickness.
5. Reduces gas, bloating, and water retention.
6. A powerful anti-inflammatory that brings relief to immune system disorders, arthritis, and joint pain.
7. Helps fight colds, flu, allergies, congestion, and breaks up phlegm.
8. Boosts weight loss and speeds up metabolism safely, without overstimulating the thyroid.
9. Reduces food cravings and levels off the appetite.
10. Improves mood and energy, helps fight depression, burnout, and much more. (How can you be sad when eating ginger candy?)
I use ginger in my turmeric tummy tea. What’s your favorite way to use this superfood?