Coleslaw salad is a balanced dish that holds its own next to other backyard favorites such as watermelon, grilled corn, barbequed meats, iced tea and lemonade. It also may help aid weight loss as part of a balanced diet. Try this tomato salad and cole slaw fusion recipe to add color and wow to your next meal or party.
Lime and Cilantro or Basil Dressing:
- ¼-cup mayonnaise
- Zest of one organic key lime
- Juice of key lime used to make zest
- ¼-cup finely chopped fresh cilantro OR Basil
- 1-tablespoon sugar or other sweetener
- 1-tablespoon plain rice vinegar
- 1/8-teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1/8-teaspoon ground black pepper
Tomato-Slaw Vegetable Mix:
- 1-medium head green or purple cabbage
- 1-cup diced tomatoes
- 1-teaspoon fresh garlic diced
- ¼-cup fresh red, yellow or white onion diced
Supplies needed to make coleslaw dressing and coleslaw salad:
- Large bowl two-times as big as the amount of vegetables
- Small bowl or jar for dressing
- Small bowl to soak berries in
- Spoon measures
- Cup measures
- Cutting board
- Small spoon
- Large spoon
Directions to make Coleslaw:
- Blend Dressing ingredients in a bowl using the Wisk.
- (The addition of mayonnaise is optional, but a prefered dressing ingredient.)
- Set aside, preferably overnight in the refrigerator, to allow flavors to meld.
- Recipe, chop, shred, and blend coleslaw vegetable ingredients
- Stir coleslaw dressing into coleslaw vegetables.
- Chill the coleslaw salad in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
Serves 4 to 8
Go here to Submit a recipe of your own to the Eating Garden Fresh Guide.