Technology is transforming all facets of our lives, including the ways we manage our health. A variety of technological tools help us take greater control of our well-being and make managing our health more convenient. Online Tools and Apps Help Us Improve Our Health Image via Flickr by IntelFreePress With more than a quarter of […]
March is National Kidney Awareness Month!
This month is an opportunity to spread awareness about kidney disease, practice prevention methods and learn more about our lifesaving services available to those fighting kidney disease. If you didn’t know this already, kidney disease causes more deaths than breast cancer or prostate cancer and is the 9th leading cause of death in the U.S. It […]
The Untrained Housewife’s Top 10 Tips for Staying Healthy This Winter
Untrained Housewife’s best tips for staying healthy this winter.
Relief at Home for Sinus Congestion and Allergies #ArmAndHammer
The arriving season has the dual benefit of ushering in flu season AND allergy season all at once. These are sure to help relieve your allergies.
How Dental Floss Can Save Your Life
It’s back to school time, and even when it’s not, teeth cleaning is an important part of a daily routine. If you visit your dentist regularly, and you should, you’ve probably heard him say “Floss the teeth you want to keep.” Have you heard that? I have. Dental Floss Can Save Your Life – Buy Some I […]
Can Baking Soda Get Rid of Body Odor?
Baking soda is a common household item used for baking and for cleaning, but can it get rid of body odor too? Research done in an England study shows that approximately 98% of people have underarm odor, leaving a mere 2% without any at all. Think about that for a minute – nearly all of […]
Allergies: Symptoms of Mold Exposure
According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, symptoms of mold allergies are nearly identical to other allergy symptoms since the same immune system reactions are involved. Mold allergies can be seasonal, depending on whether the person is allergic to outdoor or indoor mold spores. Indoor mold allergies are typically year round. Other reactions […]
DIY Bath Salts
For a real boost to your health, cultivate the habit of drawing a restorative bath at home at the beginning or end of each day. Depending on the stress level of the week, choose your bath’s essential oils or length accordingly. Sometimes, it may need to be relaxing, yet other times may need to be […]
Three Recommended Books for Parents on Children’s Health
Developing a library of parenting books can be an overwhelming task in today’s marketplace with such an abundance of options. This is the first in a series of posts that will recommend three books on various parenting topic,s such as emotional development, fun activities, healthy sleep, child behavior, and more. Today, we look at three […]
Book Review: How To Grow Fresh Air
Four years ago, when I opened a movement studio in Los Angeles, I wanted to make the space as “green” as possible. Many clients I work with are very allergic or sensitive, and my goal was to create a comfortable and healthy space for learning. I turned to two of my most treasured resources for […]
MAM Oral Care – The Perfect Stocking Stuffer
Vivian finally has teeth. About the time she started walking in earnest, she finally cut those first teeth. In our family we have a tradition of putting a toothbrush in everyone’s Christmas stockings (they also get one in their Easter baskets) and it’s a great way to counter act all those holiday sweets and remember […]
Stress Relief Tips at the Untrained Housewife
Stress is so common that if you’re not under stress, you probably know a few people who are feeling stressed out. Whatever the causes of stress, it usually responds well to home remedies and natural treatments. Read about what stress does to your health and learn to recognize your own stress symptoms, then try these […]