What is better then sitting down with a cozy cup of fair-trade organic tea, a super snugly blanket, and that book you’ve been dying to read for months? I know, I know. It’s hard to picture anything more splendid. But how about some fresh-from-the-oven muffins to go with it? I’ll pause while you wipe the drool from your mouth and take a moment to release the longing!
These cobbler muffins combine the best of two worlds – fresh berries and velvety cream cheese. Super easy to prepare and (as any good food should) will be delicious to the last crumb. We’ll even look the other way when you lick the crumbs off your plate!
Berry & Cream Cheese Cobbler Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups of fresh (or frozen) berries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. (not required but it makes cleanup and storage a lot easier.)
- 2. Melt a stick (1/2 cup) of butter in the microwave. Pour a bit of the melted butter into each cup, keeping them as even as possible.
- 3. Mix all ingredients except the berries and cream cheese together in a small bowl: Pour batter into the cups – about 3/4 full. Don’t mix the butter with the batter!
- 4. Generously top the batter with berries, being careful not to overflow the cups.
- 5. Add a couple chunks of cream cheese on top of the berries in each cup.
- 6. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Check on them at the 40 minute mark and if they aren’t crispy/brown let them bake for 5 more minutes. Keep this up until they are a beautiful golden color.
- 7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tins.
ENJOY! Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or enjoy them on their own.