There are so many gardening companies and products out there that it can feel very overwhelming when you are starting out. Below you’ll find some of the resources shown or discussed in the book Gardening Like a Ninja: A Guide to Sneaking Edibles Into Your Landscape, as well as others I personally like.
I will add more resources as a get a chance to test them out.
Websites and Ways to Connect With me Further
- Untrained Housewife: Gardening Like a Ninja course and downloads.
- Facebook Group about Edible Landscaping — Connect with a community of fellow edible
- Garden Journal Free Printables — Free to download and print off as needed.
Garden Nurseries and Seed Companies for Quality Plants
- Baker Creek Seeds — A huge selection of heirloom seeds from all over the world. Unique
varieties available. Very limited number of started plants.
2278 Baker Creek Road
Mansfield, MO 65704
- Swallowtail Garden Seeds — Over 1,500 vegetable, annual, perennial, and herb seeds.
122 Calistoga Road, #178
Santa Rosa, CA 95409
1-877-489-7333 or 707-538-3585
- Peaceful Valley Grow Organic — Many organic seeds, soil supplements, plants, and tools.
125 Clydesdale Court
Grass Valley, CA 95945
- Renee’s Garden Seeds — Small seed company with unique annuals, perennials, and easy-to-grow-from-seed herbs and vegetables.
6060 Graham Hill Rd.
Felton, CA 95018
- Old House Gardens — Unique, heirloom bulbs that are difficult to find anywhere else.
536 Third St.,
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Nature Hills Nursery — Large selection of trees, shrubs, and perennials.
9910 N. 48th Street, Suite 200
Omaha, NE 68152
- Raintree Nursery — Wide selection of herbs, fruit, vines, ornamentals, and unusual edibles.
391 Butts Rd.
Morton, WA 98356
- Proven Winners — Plant hybridizers and developers with unique cultivars of annuals, perennials,
111 E Elm St Ste D
Sycamore, IL 60178
- All-America Selections — Dedicated to trialing and promoting new seed varieties.
1311 Butterfield Road, Suite 310
Downers Grove, IL 60515-5625
- Bailey Nurseries — Many perennials, shrubs, and trees both ornamental and edible.
1325 Bailey Road
St. Paul, MN 55119
Containers, Tools, and Hardscaping Elements
- Fiskars — Wide variety of tools for yard work and gardening maintenance.
- Corona Tools — High quality tools for gardening, pruning, and more.
- Vita Gardens — Raised bed, keyhole, and accessibility planters for small-space garden.
211 Campbell St.
Sarnia, ON Canada
Side Planting Containers
The containers that Pamela Crawford uses for her beautiful containers, many of which are featured in this book can be found here. http://www.sideplanting.com/ and
http://www.kinsmangarden.com/category/Container-Gardening and below.
• Pottery Express — The glazed and Mexican containers featured in some of the photos in this book and in my original garden designs.
25370 Zemel Rd
Punta Gorda, FL 33955