Being able to laugh and be silly with your kids is an excellent way to reduce stress and solidify the bond between parent and child. Children who are raised in a home where laughter and silliness are encouraged will often have a more positive outlook on life and feel more confident. In addition to that, parents who laugh more and get down to be silly with their kids are often happier and have lower stress levels in general.
How can I be more fun with kids?
As you venture further into your adult life stress will increase. There will be times that you feel like laughter and being silly is the last thing on your mind. The truth is, your kids only have one childhood. There’s no way to get yesterday back. This is why I think it’s vitally important to learn ways to laugh more and be silly with your kids regularly. The list of ideas below will help you learn how you can be more fun with kids no matter what your adult life is tossing at you for stressors.
Ways to Laugh More and Be Silly With Your Kids
- Tell Jokes or one of our family favorites… riddles you have to puzzle out! We love brain teasers in our family!
- Build a blanket fort and read silly stories.
- Run around in the backyard playing tag.
- Play hide-n-seek.
- Initiate a tickle war.
- Splash in mud puddles.
- Build a tree fort.
- Tell silly stories.
- Have a pillow fight.
- Have a silly string fight.
- Make food paintings with finger paint and food cut into fun shapes.
- Talk in rhyming words all day.
- Have a tea party inside the blanket fort you built with the kids.
- Dress up in funny costumes.
- Create a funny skit together and enact it for the whole family to watch.
- Sit down and just play something fun with your kids.
- Play funny board games together.
- Let your kids style your hair or paint your fingernails.
- Play with punch balloons.
- Blow bubbles together.
These are just some of our favorite ways to laugh more and be silly with your kids. Did we leave one of your favorites off our list? Tell me in the comments below!
When it comes to making laughter a priority in your house you’ll need some supplies. You can peruse the local yard sales for funny board games and other supplies to use with my list of ways to laugh more and be silly with kids. In addition, a trip to the dollar store can always work to help build your props for those fun silly moments with your kids.