It’s already November and time to start thinking about the Christmas decorations. I love making my own decorations, whether they involve pine cones and glitter or just simple things that kids can make.
These Christmas Angel decorations are great for placing on the windowsill, mantelpiece, or for your angel at the top of the tree.
What You Need
One toilet roll middle
1 or 2 A4 sheets of white paper
Pens, pencils and anything else you want to decorate your angel with
Christmas Angels in 7 Simple Steps
1. Start by cutting a strip of paper big enough to wrap around your toilet roll middle. I placed the toilet roll on the A4 paper and drew a line across to make sure it was wide enough. Cut the strip and then wrap it around the toilet roll. Use the glue to stick it in place.
2. Draw a small circle on the piece of paper for the face. You or your children can then draw the face on it. I drew some hair on the angel but you can add it with felt, string or coloured paper.
3. Cut the face out and stick it onto the top of the angel’s body.
4. Draw out hands. These are quite simple with a rectangle on an angle and then a small rectangle connected to one edge. See the image below.
6. Draw out the wings. Be as creative or as basic as you want with them. You or your children could colour them in or keep them plain for white wings.
7. Stick the wings onto the back of the toilet roll.
Creativity Note: Your angel can be as bright and colourful as you wish. There are all sorts of additions that you could make, including using a bit of tinsels and a pipe cleaner for a halo or some bits of wool or felt to create a full robe.
Now place your Christmas Angel were you want it for the season. The best thing about an angel is that it doesn’t just need to be for the holiday season. It can be used around the home all year around, maybe to placate eager little ones who want the Christmas spirit before it’s quite time.
When do you start to decorate for Christmas?