Winter is the time when we turn to warm and delicious savory chili dishes. Here are 15 amazing chili recipes to get your taste buds popping and fill your home with amazing aromas.
Chunky, Hearty Chilies in the Crock Pot Slow Cooker
1. Black Bean Lamb Chili by Eclectic Recipes – I love that this chili uses lamb, which is similar to the venison meat we have a lot of around the house. This one will work in the slow cooker!
2. Taco Chili by Redsie – Delicious chicken taco chili for the slow cooker is a weight watcher’s recipe that gives amazing flavor without losing its healthful benefits.
3. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili by The Comfort of Cooking – Hearty, chunky and delicious slow cooker chili recipe. Mmmmm….
4. Vegetarian Slow Cooker Chili by Blissfully Domestic – If you are looking for a vegetarian version of chili look no further! Six different types of beans combine for a full-flavored chili.
5. Queen City Chili (not pictured) by ButterScotchSundae – A true chili with jalapenos, chili powder, and peppers.
Traditional and Classic Chili Recipes Dressed Up
6. Simple Seven-Bean Chili by Untrained Housewife – Using a homemade taco-seasoning mix, and suitable for year-round use, this seven-bean chili recipe will never disappoint!
7. No-Tomato Chili by Home-Ec 101 – If you aren’t a big tomato fan, have no fear…this recipe is the perfect one for you. No tomatoes, but no flavor sacrificed!
8. Freezer-Friendly Chili Recipe by Mama Loves Food – I love this Wendy’s-inspired chili recipe that April says is also an amazingly freezer-friendly meal. Perfect!
9. Award Winning Chili by Musings of a Housewife – Jo-Lynne says this chili won awards at a local cook-off, and that doesn’t surprise me in the slightest…it looks amazing!
10. Chili for a Crowd (not pictured) by Bless the Cook – Penny knows how to feed a big family so if you are having a crowd, be sure you check out this chili recipe!
Unique and Creative Chili Recipes for Fun!
11. Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili by Bev Cooks – I adore the way this chili looks, and I think my husband would love the addition of the jalapenos.
12. Ranch Chili by Thin Spiral Notebook – I love ranch dressing, so to find a chili recipe that used powdered ranch dressing mix piqued my interest. This is on my must-try list to be sure!
13. White Chicken Chili Recipe by Blissfully Domestic – Northern beans, white cheese and shredded chicken breast combine to make this unusual white chili that is delicious.
14. Chili Pie With Cornbread Crust by Cinnamon and Spice – I love chili and cornbread so this recipe looks great with chili and cornbread together in the same dish! Hey, anything for fewer dishes.
15. Chunky Texas Chili by Mom Prepares – I’ve never tried topping chili with cubes of avocado, but I’m dying to try it now!
Do you have a favorite chili recipe? Share it with us on the Untrained Housewife Facebook Page, and I will share a couple favorites in our next newsletter!