I can’t tell you how many times I’d like to buy extra throw pillows to change or add color to a room that I’m redecorating, or to help bring a holiday theme to my house for the season. It’s one of the easiest ways to change and brighten any place in the house. Here’s the problem: pretty throw pillows usually don’t come cheap.
My usual solution is to cover a couple of pillows with various fabric slipcovers. Although I’m an avid sewer and my sewing machine is always sitting out and ready to go, I don’t always feel the urge to take the time to create “proper” covers, and many of my friends don’t sew at all.
Well guess what? You don’t have to own a sewing machine or ever touch a needle and thread to make these no-sew throw pillows. All you need is fabric and a pillow or two in order to transform your room, bed, or sofa in just minutes.
What You’ll Need
- Plain, square throw pillow(s)
- Fabric — 2 1/2 times plus-a-couple-of-inches bigger than the pillow(s)
- Scissors (*possibly)
You won’t necessarily need scissors. Only if your fabric is larger than 2 1/2 times the pillow, plus-a-couple-of-inches, will you need them. But, if you measured the pillow, added 2 1/2 times the size (and the two inches), and had that measurement cut from the fabric bolt at the store — you’re good to go.
No-Sew Throw Pillow Directions
1. On a table, spread the fabric all the way open with the right side facing the table.
2. Place the pillow at an angle on the center of the fabric so that it looks like a diamond instead of a square.
3. Bring one corner of the fabric up and over one side of the pillow. Now repeat this for the opposite side.
4. When you bring the second fabric side over, you’ll want to fold the tip under so it lies neatly.
(It looks just like any gift you’ve ever wrapped)
5. Now bring the last two fabric sides up and over the pillow.
6. Tie the ends into a square knot ~ and you’re done!
Change the style of a room, perk up a tired-looking one, or change fabric with the seasons anytime the mood hits you!