This is a list of services and support being offered in damaged areas for those in need. These are FREE resources! Please beware if you are in need – do not allow price gauging to take place. Report price gauging to Oklahoma Attorney General, Phone 405 -521-2029
This list will be updated often. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any updates or text me at 580-378-2175 if email won’t go through.
The list has gotten long. The headings are:
- Clean Up Efforts – Request FREE Professional Help (or Volunteer to Assist)
- Taking Care of People – Missing persons and people-based services like massage.
- Communications – Phone donations, needs, and services
- Recovered Items – Lost and Found for photos, documents, etc.
- Animals – Donations for Supplies, Lost or Found, and Medical Attention
- Supplies and Donations – Items being offered (Tarps, etc.), Drop Off and Distribution Points, etc.
- Housing – Temporary AND Longer-Term Shelters
Clean Up Efforts
- SHAWNEE AREA – Family of Faith Church at 30 Kin-ville Road; Shawnee, OK 74804 Phone 405-273-5331 (To volunteer call one day ahead of time and show up at 7:30am or 12 noon.)
- MOORE AREA – Emmaus Baptist Church at 16001 S Western Ave; Oklahoma City, OK 73170 Phone 405-432-6737 (To join a clean up crew call the day before and then show up at 7:30am and 12 noon.)
Taking Care of People
Laundry Services – From Tide Load of Hope semi-truck at Wal-Mart parking lot in Moore. Take 2 large loads at a time to drop off and pick up clean laundry in 3 hours. (Hot food and backpacks with hygiene items are also available)
Safe and Well Registration – To report yourself or look for those who have reported in go to Safe and Well website.
Angel Flight – Able to help reconnect family members or transport those who need in/out of area for medical help. 918-749-8992
REPORT MISSING PERSONS – Walk-in Reports to St Andrew’s Church 2727 SW 119th Street. Phone reports to 405-297-1129
Massage Therapists in Service – If you are victim or rescuer there are free massages being offered at Southgate Baptist Church 740 SW 4th St.; Moore, OK 73160
Hot Meals – Operation BBQ is offering free meals to volunteers and victims alike at Hillsdale Baptist 3701 S. Frontage Rd
Infant Crisis Services – Baby formula, bottles, diapers, all things for infants and young children. 4224 N. Lincoln; OKC, OK 73105. Phone 405-528-3663
Car Seats – From Hope Pregnancy Center at S.W. 82nd and S Penn. Address is 1624 SW 82; Oklahoma City, OK. 1-3pm each day. Phone 405-688-8700.
Medications and Prescriptions To get insulin and other medications contact Med Care United Charitable Pharmacy at 711 Stanton L Young Boulevard,St 100; Oklahoma City, OK 73104 Contact Tammy Herd – 405-863-2433
Communication and Transportation
Phone Charging Stations by Verizon
– Red Cross Shelter located at 201 S Howard in Moore, OK.
– Home Depot parking lot in Moore, OK – SW 19th and Telephone Road.
– Shawnee High School – 1001 North Kennedy in Shawnee, OK.
Phone Accessory Requests – If you need a cell phone item let this Facebook Group know and join to donate/spread the word.
Free Phone Chargers (Car or Wall) – SPRINT Store in Moore offering free chargers and charger services to recharge your phones. 660 SW 19th St.; Moore, OK 73160 Phone 405-237-1817
Request or Give a Ride – http://www.help4ok.org/
Recovered Items by Clean up Crews
For Missing and Found Photos – Facebook Group
Photo Drop Off Site – Studio Innovations 201 N. Broadway, Suite#104; Moore, OK 73160 Phone 405-626-3686 Inside the Moore Old School Building.
Photo Restoration – Oklahoma School of Photography at 2306 N. Moore Ave.; Moore, OK. Provide name, address to return the photos to when restoration is complete, and any contact information you may have available. Time frames could be long.
Personal Documents Recovered – Facebook Group
Technology Resources and Recovery Assistance – The Information Technology Disaster Resource Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides no cost technology resources and recovery assistance to communities affected by disaster. They can provide public Wi-Fi, workstations, and telephones for Community Recovery Centers, Volunteer Reception Centers, etc. 817-886-8550 or via e-mail: email@example.com.
Animals Lost, Needing Homes, and Donations
Donkeys Displaced – Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue in Piedmont, OK will home donkeys in need. Contact Vicki MacKenney at 405-445-9245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Animal Therapy – H.A.L.O. will have animal therapy teams at First Baptist Church in Moore.
Livestock Information Exchange -Found, Missing or Needed Facebook Group.
Lost and Found Animals Page – Facebook Group.
Lost and Found Animals Website – OKC Lost Pets
- Veterinarian on Site at Cleveland Co Fairground Norman, OK – helping to treat injured pets.
- Benchmark Animal Hospital is helping injured pets. Call 405-547-8381. Perkins, OK.
- Neel Veterinary Hospital -2700 N. MacArthur Blvd in Oklahoma City. 405.947.837 Also an official dropoff location for found pets.
Animal Resource Center– is helping with displaced animals. Their facebook has a list of animals it’s caring for- http://www.facebook.com/animalresourcecenter – 7949 S. I-35 Service Road, Oklahoma City, OK, 73149. …. They also have vet care on site if a pet is injured.
Drop off Site – Annie’s Ruff House is taking in displaced dogs- 1043 N. University Blvd., Norman, OK. Call (405) 310-3084
Drop Off Site– Cleveland County Fairgrounds is housing lost pets – Find an animal? They can go there. Lost one? Might be there. 615 E Robinson St, Norman, OK Phone (405) 360-4721
Food and Supplies – Donate or Receive! Pet Food Pantry of Oklahoma City is helping with pet supplies- food, leashes, and such Call (405) 664-2858
Supplies and Donations
Sam’s Club Waives Membership Requirements – 3 locations confirmed to be waiving membership fees for needed supplies and will accept Visa cards (usually not accepted).
- 5510 SW 5th Ave; OKC, OK 73128 Phone 405-943-9810
- 6512 SE 29th St.; OKC, OK 73110 Phone 405-943-9810
- 3400 W. Main St.; Norman, OKL 73072 Phone 405-773-3602
Free Tarps– Lumber Liquidators 5835 W Reno Ave; Oklahoma City, OK 73127 Phone (405) 948-1800
Drop Off/Pick-Up Points – Graceway Baptist Church in S OKC. 1100 SW 10th St. Phone 405-691-1934 Between Western and Penn on the South side of the road. They had hot meals for anyone who needed it today.
Drop Off – First Southern Baptist Church at 6400 South Sooner Road (59th and Sooner Rd) is partnering to take items to First Baptist Moore. Drop off supplies here. Contact Phone number 405-732-1300
Donate Funds to BGCO – For tree removal, laundry services, and more. 100% of donations go to victims. http://www.okdisasterhelp.com/
Feed the Children – has established five locations in Oklahoma City to accept donations that will aid victims of the Moore tornadoes.
- McCormick Distribution Center, 29 N McCormick;
- First Baptist Church, 1201 N Robinson;
- KOCO-TV, 1300 E Britton Rd.;
- Faith Tabernacle Church, Interstate 40 and Portland;
- TLC Garden Center, 105 W Memorial Rd., Continental Resources, 20 N Broadway; Bob Moore Parking Lot, 412 W Reno.
Items that will be accepted at these locations are diapers, canned goods, non-perishable food and snack items, water and sports drinks. Cash donations are also welcome.
Housing and Shelters
Storage Facilities for Displaced Victims – UHaul Storage Centers in two OKC locations are giving 30 days free storage. CC needed to reserve unit but nothing will be charged for one month. U-Haul Storage 6027 S. High Ave. OKC, OK Phone 405-631-0491 and U-Haul Storage 721 W. Memorial Road; OKC, OK Phone 405-751-2525
- Housing for 65+ years of age – Furnished residential appartments free to elderly storm victims. Includes meals and home care. Tia St John 405-562-0046
- Housing for a month – Remington Apartments is providing no-cost apartments for a month with a photo ID showing a residence that was lost. 405-634-2428, 7125 S Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City, OK 73139
- Housing available – 4-6 houses ready to move in for anyone that is displaced. 405-801-2293 or cell 405-209-5379
- Furnished apartments – The Greens at Norman has immediate availability for all tornado victims; furnishing several apartments specifically for those that have lost everything.
- Twin Lakes Apartments – 1 Month Free & no security deposit w/photo ID w/address in affected area or FEMA/Red Cross registration. Also are taking donations of food and household items to help furnish the apartments. 6103 NW 63rd St, OKC OK Phone (405)721-4447
- Housing for Military/DOD Families – Limited housing, as well as counseling, food, financial assistance, etc is available to Military and civilian families with DOD cards at Tinker AFB. Contact Emergency Family Assistance Center (EFAC) at 405-739-2747 or 405-736-3813.
- Request a Home – http://www.help4ok.org/
Red Cross Shelter Areas – For questions about shelter locations, call Red Cross OKC office (405) 228-9500
- St. Andrews Church – 2727 SW 119th St.; Oklahoma City, OK 73106 Phone- (405) 692-4242
- (Also serving as reunification site)
- Little Axe Resource Center – 1970 156th Ave. NE; Norman, OK 7302 Phone (405) 292-9770
- Carney Oklahoma Senior Center – 301 E. Maple; Carney, OK 74832 Phone (405) 865-2678
- Shawnee High School Athletic Center – 1001 N. Kennedy; Shawnee, OK 74801
- Moore Community Center – 201 S Howard Ave.; Moore, OK 73160 Phone (405) 793-5091
- Newcastle Storm Shelter – 851 N Carr; Newscastle, OK 73065 Phone (405) 387-4594
- Fifth Street Missionary Baptist Church – 801 N.E. 5th St.; Oklahoma City, OK 73104 Phone (405) 235-6031
- Graceway Baptist Church – 1100 S.W. 104th St.; Oklahoma City, OK 73139 Phone (405) 691-1934
- Journey Church – 3801 Journey Pkwy; Norman, OK 73072 Phone (405) 292-2500
- Oakcrest Church of Christ – 1111 Southwest 89th St.; Oklahoma City, OK 73139 Phone (405) 631-5534
- Oklahoma Baptist University – 500 W University St.; Shawnee, OK 74804 Phone (405) 308-7336
- Trinity Church of the Nazarene – 7301 S. Walker Ave; Oklahoma City, OK 73139 Phone (405) 632-3307
- University of Oklahoma – Walker Tower Center – 1400 Asp Ave.; Norman, OK 73072 Phone (405) 325-2511
- Victory Church – 4300 North MacArthur Blvd; Warr Acres, OK 73122 Phone (405) 787-4200
There are more resources on this PDF document updated 5-24 11am.