So remember the Chicken Challenge I’m a part of? Last post on the subject I talked about Hellman’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe for time-saving meals.
This week I’m talking about budget stretchers and using Hellman’s real mayonnaise for these DIY chicken bites.
The recipe is Chicken Nuggets With BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Hellman’s or Best Food’s Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbl Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the Hellman’s or Best Food’s Real mayonnaise, BBQ, and mustard together into a creamy sauce. Keep half of it back into a serving bowl.
(Note – I didn’t have seasoned bread crumbs so I made my own with plain bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, marjoram, basil, a touch of mint with chili powder/cayon powder.)
3. Coat chicken nuggets with the half of the sauce for breading. Then roll the nuggets into the bread crumbs.
4. Place chicken nuggets on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Serve with the extra sauce you reserved.
These were so good. Delicious, juicy, and amazing. And of course, not only much cheaper than picking up drive-through, but so much healthier.
These could be served up as a snack, instead of something friend and unhealthy. Or you could serve it up as part of a dinner with a rice, vegetable, or salad side dish. You should totally try these next time you’re in the mood for a nibbly snack or budget-friendly finger food. And now it’s your turn!
From now until April 30, 2012, parents across the country can participate in the Hellmann’s Chicken Change Up by trying one of the featured Hellmann’s chicken recipes, sharing their recipe reviews, and providing their own advice for managing dinner time obstacles. After participating, consumers can enter into a sweepstakes for the chance to win a $5,000 grocery store gift card and other daily prizes.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Hellmann’s® Chicken Change-Up is sponsored by Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 or older. Begins 12:00 PM ET on 03/01/12 & ends 11:59 AM ET on 04/30/12. For official rules, visit the ‘Chicken Change-Up’ tab on the Hellmann’s Facebook page.
This is a sponsored post. Hellmann’s product and additional incentives were provided to me. All opinions stated are my own.