I was super excited to receive a new Eco-Visco Angel crib mattress from Colgate to try with our little guy, who is two. Our current crib mattress had gone through 3 children and was ready to be replaced, so this came at the perfect time!
The Eco-Visco Angel is a dual firmness crib mattress that contains Eco-Foam and a cooling gel. There is an extra-firm infant side with a 5 inch thick Eco-Foam to help support kiddos growing bones. The toddler side (which is what we’re using now) has 5 inch foam as well plus a one inch cooling gel which is said to help regulate body temperature.
I honestly have noticed that my son is hardly ever sweaty after he takes his naps. I remember my other two kids being sweaty a lot when they woke up, which isn’t the end of the world, but it’s nice to know that the mattress has more than just a plastic cover like many others that don’t let air flow through.
From the website: The Eco-Visco Angel is non-toxic, contains no chemical fire-retardants and doesn’t produce any harmful emissions. The Eco-Foam consists of environmentally friendlier foam made with plant-based oils. It is non-allergenic, antimicrobial and antibacterial. It has square corners for a snug fit. Talk about a fancy, eco-friendlier and super-safe mattress!
My little guy was very pleased with his mattress, jumping around on it when it came and eager to snuggle up at night on it for great sleep time. Up to age 2, a baby spends 70% of his or her time on a mattress, so it’s worth it to make it a good one. A safe night’s sleep is so important, and your mattress is a huge part of taking safety measures. A few more tips for making sure your little one has a safe night’s sleep:
- Avoid bumpers, as they can cause suffocation if baby’s head gets wedged between it and the sides of the crib.
- Use a crib that is up to safety standards. A good rule of thumb is if you can fit a pop can through the slats, it’s time to upgrade. If you family heirloom crib is up to standard, Colgate also makes custom size mattresses!
- When baby is small, try to keep stuffed animals and blankets out of the crib. A sleep sack is a great alternative if you are concerned about warmth.
- During the winter, a humidifier can help add moisture to the room and keep the sniffles away. Just remember that many experts recommend keeping baby’s bedroom between 68 and 72 degrees.
- Make sure your crib mattress has a good, tight fit. That’s where this Colgate Eco-Visco mattress definitely performs! I love that it is snug and squared in the corners.
There really is nothing bad to say about this mattress! The only thing that may make people hedge a little is the cost, which is a little over $300. However, if you consider what you pay for a good mattress for a regular bed, it makes total sense to make room in your budget if possible for a great crib mattress!
The Eco-Visco Angel is the first 1 full inch gel crib mattress to hit the market and is available at select independent retailers and online stores. Find out more at colgatekids.com.
All About Colgate Mattresses
Colgate Mattress, based in Atlanta, is a family-owned, third generation crib mattress specialist. Founded in 1955, Colgate Mattresses’ team of experts produces the highest quality, handmade foam, innerspring and gel mattresses as well as a variety of accessories. Dedicated to integrity and honesty, Colgate Mattresses has introduced dozens of innovations to the crib mattress industry and was named the ‘crib mattress by which all others are compared’ by the country’s most recognized consumer products periodical. Colgate Mattresses only makes infant and baby mattresses and does not manufacture adult mattresses.
I was provided with an Eco-Visco Angel Mattress in exchange for a review. All opinions are my own.