There’s nothing like going grocery shopping in your own backyard. While we only have a tiny little garden just big enough for some herbs and grape tomatoes, it’s still just thrilling to eat from it.
This quick summer stir fry has a variety of bell peppers, onions, asparagus and grape tomatoes. Perfect for your homegrown meal! The stir fry sauce is quick to whip up and is packed with flavor, or try this alternate stir fry sauce. No slaving over this stove because your dinner will be ready in no time! Happy Summer!
Summer Couscous Stir Fry
a Chocolate & Carrots original recipe
- (sauce) 1/2 cup soy sauce
- (sauce) 1/2 cup chicken broth
- (sauce) 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- (sauce) 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- (sauce) 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- (sauce) 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- (sauce) 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- (sauce) 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- (sauce) (optional) red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- regular or pearl couscous, cooked with packaged instructions
- Prepare all of your vegetables.
- In a small sauce pan, combine all of the sauce ingredients and cook on low until combined and thickened.
- Meanwhile, sauté the bell peppers, onion and asparagus in the olive oil over medium heat until tender. Add in the grape tomatoes and turn the heat to low.
- Pour the couscous and sauce in with the vegetables, stirring to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!