Salt has been demonized by the food industry. It has been implicated in several diseases, including high blood pressure. It’s got a bad rap for water retention and a whole list of diseases. However, it’s time to start recognizing it as the hero it is. Bad salt is the problem and is created from industrial waste, with industrial waste iodine added. Real salt, the kind found ONLY in nature and ONLY in sea water, is highly nutritious and is the ingredient of life. The name “salt” comes from the ancient word for sun (sol), and used to be so highly prized that it was the only currency in some parts of the world. Real salt contains the right minerals and right chemical formula of sodium that it is highly beneficial to the body. Here is why:
Benefits of Real Salt
1. Immune system benefits range from simply supporting the immune system to actually being used to kill bacteria, viruses, fungi and more. It reduces allergies and the symptoms of immune disorders, too.
2. Alkalinity is a controversial topic, but it basically refers to the body’s own internal pH balance. Real, raw sea salt helps balance the body’s pH effortlessly.
3. Weight loss is a common benefit when switching from the industrial chemical with iodine to the real sea mineral. Sea salt is essential for enzyme production and metabolism.
4. Skin health is another great benefit of real raw sea salt. Whether you take a sea salt bath and absorb it through the skin or you add it to your food, it reduces inflammation and improves circulation. Plus, it fights bacteria and helps heal wounds both from within and from without.
5. Respiratory ailments are easily managed when we switch from industrial salts to sea salts. Real sea salt can be effective for asthma and upper respiratory infections. It helps break up phlegm and reduces histamine response. (Ever try a neti pot for sinus problems?)
6. Heart and circulatory health improves with raw sea salt. Salt is essential for proper electrical response in the body and is actually what makes our heart tick. Cardiac arrest is often caused by low sodium levels, the important electrolyte ingredients for running a heart.
7. Diabetes becomes easier to deal with when real sea salt is introduced back into the body. Whether you have the disease or run a risk for it, proper electrolyte (salt) balance is essential for regulating insulin and blood sugar.
8. Bone health relies on proper sodium intake. Over 1/4th of the salt stored in the body is stored in the bones and makes them strong and durable. When sodium is low, osteoporosis sets in as the body draws salt from the bones to prevent cardiac arrest.
9. Muscle health is dependent on salt. Pure sea salt contains the essential nutrients for proper uptake of potassium and magnesium and raw sea salt contains trace amounts of these essential minerals. Prevent muscle cramps, menstrual cramps, body aches, and much more by a proper mineral balance only achieved through the trace minerals n sea salts.
10. Ease depression and other mental disorders by obtaining enough sea salt the diet. The body utilizes essential sodium and minerals only found in pure raw sea salt to produce essential hormones that actively fight depression and results in good moods. Serotonin and melatonin are fully dependent on healthy levels of real, unadulterated salt in the body.
I’m not your care provider, so check with them whenever you are uncertain about a health issue. This is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent, or cure any disease. Do some good research on any health changes before you make them.
Photo Credit to Jun Seita on Flickr