Italian dressing is a lot healthier than we were led to believe. Take this version, for instance. It is packed with healthy probiotics, vitamins, minerals, and fat-busting fatty acids. It also tastes a lot better than the commercial junk they try to pass off in the stores for food. This is the real deal and will boost health to boot.
- 1 cup homemade raw curds* (Use the cream cheese from this whey recipe.)
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar (Use this Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe or Braggs Brand.)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons raw lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive, grapeseed, or coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons raw onion
- ¼ cup raw basil leaves (or 1/8th cup dry)
- ¼ cup raw oregano leaves (or 1/8th cup dry)
- 1 teaspoon kelp powder (optional)
- dash cayenne (optional)
- 1 bell pepper
1. Blend all together until creamy.
2. Allow to rest at least an hour, or overnight.
3. Serve with your favorite foods.
4. This dressing will keep for about a week if kept refrigerated.
*If a vegan dressing is desired, consider soaking a cup of raw cashews or sunflower seeds in water overnight and using them as a substitute for the raw milk curds. Drain them well and add a ½ cup fresh kombucha or kefir before blending. Also, using an equivalent amount of raw ripe avocado in place of the raw milk curds will work too, just add the kombucha or kefir in place of the water to add the healthy probiotics.