This delightful tomato recipe takes full advantage of the sharp, bright flavor of fresh raw garden grown tomatoes and freshly picked basil.
This recipe is versatile, masquerading as a side dish or a main dish and holds its own against other summer favorites like potato salad and macaroni salad. It is elegant next to chicken, but does better with grilled portable mushrooms or steak.
Pasta and Tomato Al Fresco Salad Recipe
- 1-package cooked noodles of your choice
- ¼-cup mayonnaise OR oil (olive, coconut, hemp seed, grapeseed, or flax)
- ¼-cup chopped raw basil
- 1-teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-tablespoon chopped raw garlic (optional)
- 2-tablespoons chopped onion (optional)
- 1-tablespoon rice vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups raw tomatoes of your choice cut up in any manner you feel like
- 1/2 cup any other vegetable of your choice, diced
- Gently stir all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Promptly serve and enjoy.
Goes well with steak or chicken, but is delightful all on its own with a glass of water with fresh squeezed lemon.
This post is one of the Eating Garden Fresh series, where we bring you delicious, simple ways to enjoy garden fresh produce.
Go here to Submit a recipe of your own to the Eating Garden Fresh Guide.