Looking for a delicious dessert that is easy to make but looks like you slaved away in the kitchen? Who isn’t, right?
This twist on the traditional cream puff incorporates vanilla ice cream sandwiched between a light and delicate puffed pastry. Try it out. It will not disappoint.
4 ounces butter – cut into pieces
1 cup water
1 cup flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 eggs – beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat butter and water to boiling.
2. Add flour, sugar and salt all at once to the boiling water and stir vigorously until a dough forms.
3. Remove from heat and put dough in a bowl. Add eggs all at once and stir until the eggs are completely incorporated. (This will take a little while, don’t give up.)
4. Using a quarter cup measuring cup, scoop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake the puffs for 38-40 minutes. They should sound hollow when you tap them.
5. Let them cool completely.
6. Slice in half and add a scoop of ice cream to the middle.