Irish quotes and blessings are useful & fun for St. Patrick’s Day scrapbook pages, St. Paddy’s greeting cards, and for many other arts and crafts.
Saint Patrick’s Day is a fun time to make memories and share cheer. Nothing touches someone’s heart quite like a gift crafted lovingly with one’s own hands.
Of course, not everyone has the time or talent to make a card or gift. If that describes you, the following Irish sayings are also nice to add to blank notes, flower enclosure cards, or preprinted Saint Patrick’s Day cards.
Blarney – Humorous St. Patrick’s Day Quotes
- “Continual cheerfulness is a sign of wisdom.”
- “It is better to be a coward for five minutes than to be dead for the rest of your life”
- “Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth”
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures”
- “May all who love the Lord, love you and those who don’t love you, may the Lord give them a limp so you can see them coming”
- “If you’re lucky enough to be Irish, then you’re lucky enough.”
- “Count your joys instead of your woes; Count your friends instead of your foes.”
“May the strength of God pilot us, may the wisdom of God instruct us, may the hand of God protect us, may the word of God direct us.
Be always ours this day and for evermore.”
– St. Patrick
- “Bless your little Irish heart and every other Irish part.”
- “May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.”
- “May you never forget what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.”
- “May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.”
- “May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.”
- “May you get to heaven a half hour before the devil knows you’re dead.”
- “These things I warmly wish for you Someone to love, some work to do, A bit o’ sun, a bit o’ cheer, And a guardian angel always near.”
- May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks, may your heart be as light as a song, may each day bring you bright, happy hours that stay with you all the year long.”
- “Wherever you go and whatever you do, May the luck of the Irish be there with you”
Wise Irish Sayings
- “You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.”
- “Long life to you, a wet mouth, and death in Ireland.”
- “I believe in the sun when it’s not shining, I believe in love even when I feel it not, I believe in God even when he is silent.”
- Shamrocks, Harps, and Rainbows
- Leprechauns and Pots of Gold
- Facts about Ireland and St. Patrick
- Photos and maps of the Emerald Isle
By the way, did you know that St. Patrick’s Day is a religious holiday in Ireland? The first thing people do is go to church.
“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”
♣ ♣ ♣