Can’t afford to go out to a fancy Italian restaurant and don’t have much culinary skill? That’s okay. This Oregano Pesto Chicken recipe is easy to make and doesn’t take a lot of ingredients.
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I used Frixa Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 small bunch of dried oregano (About 1 tablespoon of dried oregano leaves. I used Frixa Aromatic Oregano.)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh pressed garlic
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
Oregano Pesto Chicken Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- De-stem the oregano by cupping your hand around the bunch and crunching your hand down the stems to release the leaves into a bowl. Remove any stems that fall into the bowl.
- Add the olive oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic to the bowl containing the oregano.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Put the chicken breasts on a cookie sheet or baking pan. Spoon the pesto over the chicken breasts and place the pan in the oven.
- Cook the chicken breasts until the inside of the chicken is 165 degrees in the center, according to the US Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service. You can test this by poking a meat thermometer into the center of the chicken. If you don’t have a meat thermometer you can cut the chicken in the center and take a peek. If the chicken is pink or translucent it isn’t cooked all the way.
- Broil the chicken for three minutes or until they are slightly golden.
This chicken recipe makes four servings.