When I think of pockets, the boys’ treasures come to mind. Simple, yet irreplaceable objects that have been scrupulously collected throughout the day’s adventures. Rocks, twigs, flowers, bottle caps, and more have been presented with excitement as they show me their new collection.
The series of Pocket Prayer books are no different. Each one is a perfect collection of simple, yet inspirational words to help one through the adventures of the day – of life. This collection of Pocket Prayers bring a much needed peace to those in need of comfort and encouragement.
About Pocket Prayer Books
Bestselling author Max Lucado has teamed up with six authors to write the Pocket Prayers series (Thomas Nelson, March 2016) for those in need of peace, renewal, rest, faith, hope, joy, direction, serenity, and courage.
Short, simple prayers are very effective, which is why each book in the series contains forty guided prayers and complementary scriptures for any situation, including:
- Pocket Prayers for Moms: 40 Simple Prayers That Bring Peace and Rest (written with daughter Andrea Lucado)
- Pocket Prayers for Graduates: 40 Simple Prayers that Bring Hope and Direction (written with daughter Andrea Lucado)
- Pocket Prayers for Dads: 40 Simple Prayers That Bring Strength and Faith (written with Mark Mynheer)
- Pocket Prayers for Military Life: 40 Simple Prayers That Bring Faith and Courage (written with Mark Mynheer)
- Pocket Prayers for Teachers: 40 Simple Prayers That Bring Peace and Renewal (written with blogger Jennifer Hale)
- Pocket Prayers for Friends: 40 Simple Prayers That Bring Joy and Serenity (written with Betsy St. Amant)
What Dad Loves
I gave the Pocket Prayers for Dads to my husband to read. First, I should probably state that if it’s not sports or Fantasy Football magazine, he is usually not interested. That being said, he said that it is something that when he was feeling a bit of a failure of a dad he could read for a quick pick-me-up. Short, simple and to the point. Just what this dad needs.
What Mom Loves
Although I love to read, at times I really need something quick. A Bible verse I can repeat in my head over and over instead of letting the frustrations of the day consume my mind. The Pocket Prayers for Moms fits this bill perfectly. And with it’s small “pocket” size I can fit it into my purse easily. Then when I’m waiting in line at the school or when the toddler falls asleep in the car and I don’t dare move him, I have the perfect reading material. I’m refreshed and ready for the next adventure the day throws at me.
Who are Pocket Prayers Good For
The titles of the books give it away who the books are perfect for, but perhaps you are trying to figure out when to gift the book to them. Some great gift occasions are:
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Graduation Day
- Before, during or after deployment
- Any Tuesday (just because it is so often overlooked as an awesome day of the week)
Enter to Win
Enter to win a Pocket Prayers prize pack—two winners will be chosen! Each prize pack contains all six of the new Pocket Prayers books, a signed copy of Before Amen, and a custom Pocket Prayers paperweight. The winners will be announced May 2 on the Litfuse blog!
Disclosure: I received a copy of the Pocket Prayers to review. I am giving away all of the copies to those in my life that need an uplifting word on their soul. I know that each and every one of them could use the encouragement in their lives.