The title may cause some to wrinkle their nose and declare that carrots are best only when sparingly shredded on their salad. Trust me — this delicious raw probiotic carrot ginger salad dressing will take your mouth and your salad by surprise. The secret is the sesame oil and the miso, which add a delightful kick to the recipe. Since this recipe is probiotic and contains the essential acids you need to digest raw vegetables properly, you can feel good about chowing down on it. The best part is that it is chemical, preservative, wheat, corn, and soy (if you use brown rice miso) free.
- 1 cup homemade raw curds* (Use the cream cheese from this whey recipe.)
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar (Use this Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe or Braggs Brand.)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 3 tablespoons raw lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut sugar
- ½ cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon raw grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons white or brown rice miso
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional, try other raw virgin oils too)
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Serve immediately.
3. Please keep refrigerated and toss out after three to five days.
*If a vegan dressing is desired, consider soaking a cup of raw cashews or sunflower seeds in water overnight and using them as a substitute for the raw milk curds. Drain them well and add a ½ cup fresh kombucha or kefir before blending. Also, using an equivalent amount of raw ripe avocado in place of the raw milk curds will work too, just add the kombucha or kefir in place of the water to add the healthy probiotics.