Fall produce is some of my favorite and the recipes are warm, sweet, spicy and full of flavor.
This recipe combines the zest of fresh basil, with the sweet carrots glazed with maple syrup. So good my kids asked for thirds.
- 12 medium carrots in 1/8″ slices
- 4 Tbl unsalted butter
- 3 Tbl pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbl fresh basil, chopped
1) Steam the carrot slices until completely tender.
2) In a large wok or saucepan melt the butter, mixing in cooked carrots, maple syrup, and chopped basil.
3) Stir everything well until the carrots are coated with the syrup mixture like a glaze and serve warm. Serves 6.
This is a sweet, delicious addition to any meal and would combine well with any fall meats like ham or turkey.