As Thanksgiving approaches, we start to think about what to make for the great feast. With a regular grown-up crowd, it can be hard enough to please all palates, but add a couple of toddlers new to the whole turkey thing and you have a real challenge on your hands. If your little ones aren’t quite up to turkey and stuffing, here is an alternative to the regular menu that may just gain you five minutes of uninterrupted eating for yourself.
Baked Turkey Nuggets
1. Get your hands on some ground turkey or turkey breast. Cut the breast into small pieces or roll the ground turkey into bite sized balls.
2. Prepare a sealable plastic bag with these dry ingredients:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup crushed corn flakes
- ½ cup bread crumbs (we prefer Italian)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
3. Dip turkey chunks/balls into an egg mixture and then drop into the plastic bag containing the dry ingredients to coat.
4. Place the breaded nuggets evenly apart on a greased or non stick pan and heat at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes (or until golden brown and center pieces are cooked in center).
For you brave souls who are looking to jazz up the dipping sauce, try mixing three parts cranberry sauce with one part mayo and encourage the little dippers to try something new!