While we are outside a lot as a family, we still have only about a quarter-acre lot in our just-within-city-limits home. So as our kids are growing and all officially-mobile, we’ve been trying to get out where they can have even more room. There’s a reason why they call it the Great Outdoors afterall.
They have space to run about and be silly.
Chase each other around a forest wonderland.
Make new friends in a relaxed and casual environment where everyone can let their hair down.
Hot dogs never taste as good as when they come hot-roasted from over the fire.
It gives us a chance to teach our children responsibility for the earth. To take care of our beautiful resources.
Those are views I cannot get at home. And so important for my kids to experience. That’s why I was excited to be able take my kids on this camp out with the Cub Scouts.
But not everyone has the ability to get outdoors as easily as our family was last month. That’s why the U.S Forest Service and the Ad Council is on GOOD Maker giving people the chance to come up with creative solutions to help your community get outdoors.
If you have a fun idea for how you can get your community outdoors submit it and you will have a chance of winning $1000 towards making it happen, as well as $500 voucher or Frontier Airlines to visit the forest destination of your choice.
- Submit an Idea before November 13, 2012 (noon, PT).
- Include a photo or video that represents your idea. Photos should be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format, at least 570 × 345 pixels and no larger than 10MB. To include a video, use a YouTube URL.
- Write at least 3-5 sentences that explain how you would inspire your community to escape and enjoy nature.
- Only US-based organizations and individuals are eligible to apply. Applicants must be 13 years of age or older.
- Full Contest Rules: (discovertheforest.maker.good.is)
- Ideas will be posted for public voting November 14 – November 30, 2012. You can join the conversation on Facebook.
- Rally your colleagues and friends to vote for your entry.
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 to activate their idea during the months of Dec. 1, 2012-December 2013.