Probiotics are often vilified by the medical industry as snake oil of our time. The truth is, before refrigeration, most of our food was preserved using bacteria. Our internal gut health is dependent on a healthy supply of beneficial bacteria. After all, as Hippocrates said, “all disease begins in the gut.” Without a proper a pH level and healthy bacteria levels, we can develop leaky gut syndrome, which leads to a host of diseases and illnesses. Protect your gut with these delicious probiotic popsicles that even the kids will beg for!
Honey Yogurt Popsicles – These popsicles combine the delicious summer flavors of blueberries and cherries with vanilla and honey for a quick natural (and maybe even raw) summer treat. Treat your kids to Honey Yogurt Popsicles by Real Food – Real Deals.
Here are ten more superbly delicious recipe ideas:
- Probiotic Pineapple Popsicle– From the TV show The Doctors, make this recipe slightly healthier by using homemade yogurt or kefir yogurt instead. Let the pineapples, strawberries, and bananas refresh you in this The Doctors Probiotic Pineapple Recipe.
- Strawberry-Mango-Mint Probiotic Popsicles – There is nothing more refreshing that mint popsicle on a blistering hot day. Sooth tummy troubles and boost wellness with kombucha or water kefir based Strawberry-Mango-Mint Probiotic Popsicles by Marathon Mom.
- Rocket Probiotic Pops – These delicious yogurt pops are the perfect snack for boosting energy before summer activities and as a bonus, they look like adorable rocket pops kids beg for from ice-cream trucks. Their probiotic power is from the homemade vanilla yogurt. Try Playful Learning’s Homemade Probiotic Popsicle Recipe for your summertime snack needs.
- Probiotic Banana Berry Smoothie Popsicles – These are made with yogurt or water kefir, and whey for a protein-packed treat. Modern Alternative Mama’s Probiotic Smoothie Popsicle Recipe.
- Fruit and Kefir Probiotic Popsicles – These utilize the sweetness of strawberry kefir with the tanginess of raspberry kefir and the goodness of Blue goodness juice in a quick alternative to the above recipes. In a pinch? Try Just a Pinch’s Fruit and Keifer Probiotic Popsicles.
- Children’s Essentials No-Guilt Vitamin-Probiotic Pops – These are chock full of healthy fats, vitamin supplements and probiotics. Supplement your own ingredients in this recipe for a healthy variation to the original. Children’s Essentials: No-Guilt Popsicles by VitaminShoppe.
- Kombucha and Juice Popsicles – Go with simple and easy and just blend your favorite fruit or juice with homemade kombucha tea for a naturally sweet, fully probiotic popsicle. Ne recipe needed!
- Dairy Free Fudgy Popsicles (Low Carb) – Hits paleo and probiotic with one proverbial stone. These fudgy probiotic popsicles look amazing and taste out of this world. Head on over to Ditch the Wheat and try their Dairy Free Fudgy Popsicles (Low Carb).
- Kombucha Coconut Lime Pineapple Popsicles (Dairy-Free)– These sound amazing and are the perfect solution to those dairy free GAP, AIP, and Paleo lifestyles who still want sweets in the home. Try Healthy Mama’s oh-so deliciously probiotic Kombucha Coconut Lime Pineapple Popsicles
- Strawberry Kefir Popsicles – These delicious breakfast alternatives are low-sugar and high protein and the perfect summer breakfast food for those so inclined to leave grains behind. Try Go To Health’s Strawberry Kefir Popsicles.