Mornings can be hectic around here, and getting enough of a morning meal in to hold us off until the next break is not always easy. Fortunately, smoothies can be loaded with nutrition and are very simple to make. Try these recipes in your morning routine.
- Kid Friendly Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter is a delicious smoothie boasts the nutritional support of Kefir and Raw Cacao, plus the all-star of breakfast foods, the banana.
- Frozen Fruit Smoothie with Flax takes the goodness of flax seeds and whips it up with the deliciousness of yogurt and frozen fruit for a treat that will satisfy a family of four.
- Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie is a kid-friendly smoothie, but do leave off the sugar. My two stepkids beg for this smoothie any time they see me walk near the blender.
- Gingery Berry and Oat Smoothie sounds too delicious to pass up, but leave off the sugar to avoid disrupting leptin levels that cause cravings later.
- Green Goddess Smoothie combines the delicious and whole body nutrition of powerful super foods like cucumber and avocado with kefir for a healthy yet deliciously refreshing vegetable smoothie.
- POM Breakfast Smoothie Recipe combines the goodness of pomegranate juice with almonds and protein for a super-yummy breakfast boost.
- Creamsicle Breakfast Smoothie is for the mango-orange lovers in our lives and has gut-health boosting yogurt and body-boosting coconut water.
- Green Tea Smoothies isn’t meant to be a meal replacement, but add a scoop of your favorite protein powder and this one moves from afternoon-pick-me-up to high-octane morning boost.
- Green Tea, Blueberry, and Banana is another one for a high-energy morning when you just cant drag yourself out of bed. Swap the soy milk for milk-kefir or yogurt to get the very best out of your day.
- Jump-Start Your Morning: Metabolism-Boosting Smoothie combines green tea, flax seeds, yogurt, broccoli, beans, and strawberries into one glass of super-fuel.
- Celebrity Slim-Down Secret: Harley Pasternak’s Sweet Spinach Smoothie is another green smoothie that slims and fuels for a super-charged morning. Pears, limes, grapes, spinach, and avocado make up its high-octane ingredients.
- Raspberry-Beet Smoothie is an iron-rich blood-boosting smoothie that goes down much smoother and tastier than the recipe suggests.
- 5-Minute Vegan Breakfast Smoothie combines coconut oil, chia seeds, and ginger with other delicious ingredients for an immune system boosting breakfast treat.
- Honeydew-Kiwifruit Smoothie gets its bright color and amazing flavor from kiwi and honeydew, but the apple really helps keep blood-sugar levels stable. Add in a serving of protein powder to keep the cravings at bay.
Want more? Check out this bonus find, 54 Healthy Smoothies for Any Occasion. Keep your mornings fun and varied with over two months of body-boosting, waist-trimming, super-food, filling smoothies.
What’s your favorite smoothie combo?